Cecile Johnson’s work has been exhibited in many juried and solo exhibitions York, Chicago and internationally. Exhibitions include the Champs Elysee in Paris, Grand Central Gallery in New York as well as the National Arts Club, American Watercolor Society. The Art Institute of Chicago,
· Frederic Remington Museum, Ogdensburg, New York, 1980. From the 1980 Johnson Exhibition at the Remington Museum:
"As Remington reflected the spirit of his age, the Old West and the American interest in the adventuresome and the encounter of cultures, so Cecile Johnson captures in these paintings an important aspect of the contemporary – a brilliant splash of color depicting realistic scenes and events."
Mildred Dillenbeck, Director
· Elkhorn, Indiana. 1982.
· Tivoli Gallery. Campbell,
· The Art Institute of Chicago and Chicago Art Organizations, 1957.
· Solo Exhibition. Grand Central Gallery, New York, New York. December 11-22, 1973.
· Solo Exhibition. Society of Illustrators. New York, New York.
· Kimball Art Gallery, Park City, Utah. 1983.
· Olympic Tribute in Art. Delaware Olympic Committee. Wilmington, Delaware.
· Gallery at Robert Mondavi Winery. Napa Valley, California. October 17, 1976.
· The Newman Gallery. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. 1978.
· The Broadmoor Hotel.
· Steamboat Springs Arts Council. July 1985.
· Florida Gulf Coast Art Center. Clearwater, Florida. 1972.
· Brandeis. Bayonne, New Jersey. 1972.
· San Francisco. 1977.
· TWA. Champs Elysee, Paris.
· Sun Valley.
· Scoble Galleries. Ketstone, Colorado. February 21-April 7, 1985.
· Studio Reception. Hotel des Artistes. New York, New York. Oct 16- 19XX.
· Gorsuch Ltd. Vail, Colorado. March 6-10, 1984.
· Augustana College. Rock Island, Illinois.
· Denver, Colorado.
· Solo Exhibition. Aldridge Fine Arts. Albuquerque, New Mexico.
· Nut Tree. California.
· SportHill Marketing. 1985.
· Ro Gallery.